Monday, February 13, 2012

NAIA Terminal 3



I was booked on Cebu Pacific on trip to Iloilo last week, and as such, I had to use NAIA Terminal 3 to board my flight.  I had arrived around 5am, and I was surprised to find out that the parking lot was already full at such an early time.  Thinking that long lines would delay my entry, I rushed inside only to find that the the place was hardly full.  Aside from Cebu Pacific, I understand that this terminal is also being used by Air Philippines; while I saw some signboards of Zest-Air, I did not see any Zest-Air operations being conducted in the terminal (Zest-Air continues to operate at the old Manila Domestic Terminal, known as Terminal 4).




It's such a pity that Terminal 3 is not operating up to its potential.  The place can obviously handle more passengers (the only problem being the lack of adequate car park buildings).  I understand that the hullabaloo on the ownership is already settled (the government has reimbursed the original BOT proponent of the Terminal), and the current administration has started work on correcting the physical deterioration of the facility.  It seems, however, that a little bit more effort has to be put in to maximize the operating capacity, and this has to be given focus, specially now that Terminal 1 is reportedly slated to close for rehabilitation works.


No comments: