Friday, June 29, 2012

Jade Vine


A bit nostalgic today... Some places simply retain their look and character over time.  I passed by the Jade Vine Hotel along United Nations Avenue and I couldn't help myself--I opened the window of the car and took a snapshot of the place. This hotel and restaurant has been around since the late sixties, and even though the Ermita area is literally dotted with hotels and inns, Jade Vine continues to operate to this very day.  Why is this place so memorable?  We held a joint reception to celebrate the baptism of Monique and her cousin Kenny there.  We had around 150 guests, both family and friends, and the whole first floor was filled to the brim.  It was warm sunny Sunday, and Vicky and I, together with her sister and her husband, were very proud parents.  Time flies so fast, today these kids are already grown teenagers; they drive around town with their own schedules, enjoy mall outings with their barkada, will soon have exciting college lives.  Looking at Jade Vine reminds me of the time when I they were mere babies, and I had to change their nappies!  Funny how life perspective can change in a span of a few years... No regrets, a great ride, and I look forward to the next twenty years! 


No comments: