Friday, June 29, 2012

Tagaytay Highlands


Our trip to Tagaytay with the clan members from Dumaguete was a well-deserved vacation for all of us.  My cousins and their kids arrived in Manila to celebrate Kong's 90th birthday, and the day after the party, we took them to Tagaytay Highlands for them to feel the cool air and enjoy the breathtaking scenery.


Foliage galore!  Walking around the complex makes me feel so relaxed.  Unfortunately it was a Monday; both the cable car and the funicular were under regular maintenance, so we weren't able to ride.


The club boasts of 2 championship level golf course, several swimming pools, several theme restaurants, a well appointed sports club, a horse-riding area, a go-kart track, an amphitheater, several inns and hotels, and many residential developments.  Truly a world-class lifestyle experience!


When I first looked at the project around 20 years ago, the land was just being bulldozed, and I could barely see the outline of the golf course.  The sales lady was offering me club shares for only P265,000 payable on installment basis.  Over the next few years, share prices ballooned to almost P3 million, and I was quite regretful that I didn't buy a share.  I wasn't a golfer, and I had no use for the country club.  But had I known that prices would shoot up, I'd simply buy shares to resell!  Well, hindsight is 20-20 vision!



No comments: