Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Brothers Burger

It looked good when I took this picture, but when I started to eat...

I was pretty much disappointed last Thursday night.  I finished a long arduous meeting in Makati at around 9:30 pm, and my grumbly tummy just clamored for a big juicy hamburger.  Walking along Ayala Avenue, I headed for the Brothers Burger outlet and I ordered a Big Brothers burger (a bit shy of P200).  I've tried this chain several times before and I know that cook juicy burgers, and they make true beefy patties.  This night, however, it was around 10:00 pm, and the store was probably ready to close--the staff must have taken short-cuts.  My burger came in cold.  Well, not refrigerator cold, but unheated.  Probably cooked much earlier; I don't think they keep patties in food warmers so that the juices don't run off.  Taste was still good, but the ooomph was no longer there.  I told the store clerk about it, he mumbled an apology.  Well, we're graceful about things, so I just ate the burger and left.  Such is life, di ba?




Closing time, so the staff must have wanted to get home already...


No comments: