Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ghirardelli

Someone sent over a pack of Ghirardelli chocolates to Vicky during the Christmas season and I just had to prompt her to open the pack to satisfy my cravings--after all, Dark & Mint is one of my favorite flavors!  I understand that the brand is one of the oldest American chocolate brands (the second oldest, I think), and is now owned by the Swiss company Lindt & Sprungli, themselves a chocolate powerhouse.  I had first heard of the brand in the late nineties during a trip to San Francisco.  A friend asked me if I wanted to bring some of these back home, to which I ignorantly asked, "What is Ghirardelli?" since I hadn't a clue what it was.  In mock horror, my friend opened his eyes wide, and shot back with "You don't know Ghirardelli?  You are missing out on half the excitement of San Francsico!"  Since then, I've been an avid lover of this fine chocolate!


No comments: