Monday, March 5, 2012

Cafe Juanita


I had a business lunch at the Fort today, and my partners chose Cafe Juanita at the Burgos Circle.  I've heard much about this restaurant from Anita, Kong and Gwammy, and how the eclectic decor makes a great ambience for the well-loved Filipino favorites.  I wasn't disappointed--I felt like I entered an Asian Gypsy home, and my colleagues quickly ordered our lunch.


I was surprised that the menu had a lot of Thai and fusion cooking, but my friend told me that the Filipino dishes were simply the best.  We had shrimp sinigang for starters, then we went on to adobong pusit, singanglaw (fish wrapped in taro leaves, and cooked in coconut creme), and angel hair pasta with taba ng talangka (crab fat) sauce.  For desserts, we had sticky toffee cake and creme brulee, which was a welcome treat to calm down our palates which just experienced a gush of maddening taste overload!




Now I know why people visit the place on a regular basis (Gwammy's cousin and my Uncle Alex was a regular when we has still alive)--the food is simply delicious!  My colleague tells me that the food taste is the same, whether at the branch in Bonifacio Global City or at the original restaurant site in Capitolyo, Pasig.  All in all, we spent something like P650 per head, which was to me was money well spent!

No comments: