Friday, March 9, 2012

Relish at Ponte


Today's lunch meeting was at this restaurant along Valero St. in Salcedo Village called Relish at Ponte, and it was a good thing that we had reservations--the place was full!  I understand from my friend that the Almario sisters (both interior designers) are behind the restaurant, and as such, the ambience was nice and comfortable without going overboard.


For starters, we had mushroom bisque, which was nicely thickened and had just the right mushroom flavor without going too earthy.  We quickly went onto one of the best-sellers, roasted chicken with lemon and garlic, and I was all smiles as it turned out to be a half-chicken, just right for my gnawing appetite.  My colleague had hickory-smoked pork belly, which was also a delight.




Being the sweet-tooth that I am, I couldn't resist topping off our lunch with Sans Rival!  All-in-all, prepare for some P750 per head, pretty reasonable for those business power-lunches.  I understand that the restaurant doubles as a resto-bar at night; I was told that a French-Moroccan artist entertains on certain nights.  For those bar-loving yuppies, note that happy hour starts as early as 3 pm.


No comments: