Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Figaro


I was invited to an afternoon meeting at the Emerald Avenue branch of Figaro, a local coffee chain that has consistently gained and retained a following despite the onslaught of foreign powerhouse brands.  I understand that the company is around 20 years old, and that the number of outlets has grown to around 50 all over the country.  Instead of the hip interiors of some other coffee shops, the interiors here are a bit more conventional, reminding me of a more genteel time and place.


Although I didn't order coffee, my friend says that the coffee here is much better than that of some of the foreign coffee shops.  However, I can't say much for their hot chocolate drink (which I got).  The tuna turnover was not bad, although I wish it had a bit more filling, but I must warn you--the spaghetti lacked taste altogether.  I think this coffee shop not for foodies, but is really best suited for the serious coffee lovers--it must be the barako beans that is mixed in with the robusta and the arabica beans!


No comments: