Thursday, June 9, 2011

ATG

The rainy weather has brought about a melancholy pause today.  As I glanced over the thank you note from the family of my friend J, my thoughts also drifted to my investment banking mentor ATG, who passed away a month ago from a heart attack.  A very cordial fellow, the man was a true idealist who instilled in me the value of being mentally honest.  His first passion--baseball!  His second passion--hobby kits, both planes and tanks!  He had a long banking career in the money market, first with the Bank of America, and then with the foremost local merchant banking consortium, AEADC.  He later went on to grow a consumer marketing business related to his third passion--golf!  As I continue to work on structuring some of our pipeline deals, I will always keep his wise words in mind.  Rest in peace, my good friend, AMDG.

No comments: