Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chicken Charlie

Dropped by Chicken Charlie which is located on Abad Santos St. very near Wilson St. in San Juan.  I heard about their soy-garlic chicken, got a box of 3 drumsticks and  7 chicken wings which came to P288.  I found the chicken quite tasty, and their unique frying method makes the chicken skin quite crispy.  The place isn't that big though; I counted maybe 6 tables, but you would notice a steady inflow of customers, half of which, including myself, just order take-out.  The chicken cooking style is quite similar to Chicken Bon Chon, and what surprised me is that the chicken wings are cut in exactly the same fashion!  One chicken wing therefore, became counted as 2 chicken wing pieces!  That I found a bit odd and a bit on the borderline of clip-joint practices... Well, tasty food, but you can only expect so much for hole-in-the-walls...

No comments: