Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Tooth Fairy

Monique brought out her Disney book "Princess Magic - Words From The Heart" this evening to show her cousin Louise, who is sleeping over tonight.  This book was given to her by the Tooth Fairy when she was six years old, and the story bears a little telling--I used to coax her to brush her teeth by magically "communicating" with the Tooth Fairy via mental telepathy.  I'd hold my hands over my temples to do the telepathy gig and Monique would be convinced that the Tooth Fairy was real!  The belief was so ingrained, to the point that she would be steadfast in defending the existence of the Tooth Fairy with her jaded classmates.  Aside from the book, she also received a flute/recorder, notebooks and other fancy stuff that Vicky & I could think of.  When she finally learned the truth (at a late age of 9), she was totally shattered!  She could just not believe that I had carried on the illusion for so long.  Well my dear--the Tooth Fairy, and Santa for that matter--live on forever in your heart!

No comments: