Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ju.D's


I've always pronounced this bakery's name as Judy's but if you look closely at the spelling, you may have second thoughts on how to pronounce it.  Ju.D's has been around for around for a decade or so, and last Christmas, Gwammy sent us a sampler of their different fruitcakes.  


I was a bit worried that although I had kept the sampler box in the refrigerator, it's already been a couple of months since December.  However, since the mini-fruitcakes were individually packaged, the sampler was still in good edible condition (fruitcakes are generally baked to last some period of time).  The sampler had four variations--the usual Christmas cake, prune cake, butter cake with fruit-glaze, and if I remember correctly, the fourth on was a walnut cake.  I would have wanted the cakes to carry a little more punching power though--and that means moistened with a tad more rum or brandy!


No comments: