Sunday, July 17, 2011

Choco-Vim & Vitamilk


I have been trying to convince Monique that long time ago, Magnolia had a chocolate flavored drink that was slightly different from Chocolait, and that was the much-loved Choco-Vim.  If I remember correctly the drink was soya-based, and I remember that some chocolate flavoring would settle at the bottom portion, and one had to shake the bottle to get the mixture back to its chocolatey color.  We would dip our hands into the water-filled chillers to extract a bottle of this (it was something like 10 centavos in the late sixties).  Yesterday, by some sheer stroke of luck, Monique and I found ourselves lounging around a 7-11 store and she pulled out a bottle of chocolate-flavored Vitamilk, which is imported from Thailand.  She bought it, proceeded to shake the bottle (the chocolate flavoring also settles, exactly like Choco-Vim), opened it and offered me some, and whoa!  Memories of my favorite childhood drink came flooding back to me!  Vitamilk is almost the same, but I distinctly remember that Choco-Vim was better tasting.  Apparently, Vitamilk is widely distributed nowadays, and she says this is available in school and in most groceries and supermarkets.  Inexpensive at P23 a bottle, and healthy too!  Calling the marketing boys at Magnolia--can you guys get Choco-Vim back?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes! I used to drink Choco-Vim when I was a high-schooler at Mapua. Its taste is similar to that of Chuckie, a similar Magnolia product in tetras sold at convenient stores and groceries.