Friday, July 1, 2011

Ion Orchard: The Great Singapore Sale!

Now a visit to Singapore would not be complete without the customary trip to Orchard Road, the most talked about portion of the city.  On my last trip to Singapore with Vicky & Monique, we had stayed in a hotel along Orchard Road, and we have such fond memories of walking up and down the road, buying deli foods, eating ice cream on monay, and shopping in Lucky Plaza.  Orchard Road has since changed complexion, and is now teaming with people, much busier with the opening of several malls and the closing of some older hotels.  On this trip I had none of that, but I spent some time in the Ion Orchard Mall--a relatively new mall developed and owned by Hong Kong magnate Li Ka Shing.  The mall's lower levels is composed of a maze of shops, eating places, road crossings and subway stops, and I had to backtrack several times to get my bearings right.  The upper levels have designer shops and other stores carry luxury brands.  I was hoping to find good buys in Church's shoes, but alas, I was not so happy with the styles on sale (even at 50% off, the shoes were still pretty expensive at S$700 a pair).  I spent time in Marc Jabobs, Cortina's Watches and TWG, which carried fantastic tea brands.  The Great Singapore Sale lasts till July 25, so if you have time for this, go out and enjoy!

No comments: