Monday, October 8, 2012

Moksha

Moksha has been around for almost a decade now, and this resto-bar along J. Abad Santos St. in San Juan seems to remain as one of the popular night spots in the area.  After our dinner at next door Chow Fun, my friends and I decided to have a round of drinks at Moksha, which was surprisingly full for a Wednesday night.  As we entered, my eyes had to adjust a bit; I didn't remember the place to dimly lit.  Was it that I was getting older or was the place really that dark?  The interiors were designed with dark-colored wood panels, and I must admit that I did have a hard time reading the menu card.  The mojitos we ordered came in a pitcher, and I was happy to have something easy--no more nights of drunken stupor for me!  The last time I had dinner there, Vicky, Monique, Kong & Gwammy were with me, and we had a good Mediterranean dinner.  Food must still be good; while we merely had drinks, I kept on glancing at the dishes the waiters were buzzing out to the other patrons--looked like generous portions of good cooking.  Our drinks came to around P250 per head, and judging from the menu card, I would say that an average of P700 per head would be good for the restaurant fare.


No comments: