Thursday, October 4, 2012

Queens at Bollywood


Strolling around Greenbelt, we found ourselves hungry for lunch, and I quickly suggested dining at Queens at Bollywood, which had been our target for some time now.  I have the memory of the lamb biryani of Ebeneezer firmly imprinted on my taste buds, and I was longing to have another round of the good stuff.  Monique and Vicky quickly agreed, and Andi followed suit.



We basically asked the staff for their specialty dishes and took their suggestions.  We had papadum, roti chanai and samosa for starters.  We started off with mutton biryani and wound up ordering a chicken biryani too!  I just love the scent of these rice dishes, and the long-grained basmati rice looks so appetizing.  For our main viands, the chicken tandoori was tasty, the mutton stew and ground peas were also a treat.  I found the aromatic spices used in these dishes quite interesting and while I tried to decipher what spices were used, I had to admit that I wasn't familiar enough to recreate the taste at home.







Our only comment was that it seemed these dishes were overflowing with red sauces, although each had a different color and a different taste, both the quantity and hue of the sauces were a common theme throughout.  We finished our lunch with their own version of pistachio and mango ice cream, which was a creamy ice drop version that was infused with real mangoes and pistachio.


As we walked in the restaurant, our eyes took a little time to adjust.  The place is a bit dimly lit to create that cozy ambiance.  The restaurant also has a stage, and I would guess some performers would give some Hindi music to create an authentic atmosphere (I wonder if they have dancers like in the movies?).  The restaurant has an outdoor lounge, and this was very helpful for Vicky, as smoking was allowed in that area.





If you want to have a full dining experience, I would say that you have to prepare for something like P800 per head.  I think it would be better to come in a group of around 6-8 persons so that the food can be shared from a wider variety of dishes.














No comments: