Monday, November 12, 2012

Mazda CX-9

I spent Sunday morning looking for more alternatives for Monique's vehicle, and I went to the Mazda showroom in Greenhills to see their SUVs.  I was surprised to find out that the CX-5 had already taken over from the CX-7 as the Mazda candidate in the small SUV segment and was doubly disappointed to learn that that CX-5 was limited to a seating capacity of 5 persons.  My attention turned to the CX-9, which was in the medium-size SUV segment as this vehicle clearly seats 7 people.  My experience with Mazda has been quite mixed--we all loved the peppy driving feel of the Mazda Familia which Vicky's parents had in the mid-nineties, but we also balked at the gasoline consumption which was going at around 5 kilometers per liter.  I was told that the new Sky-Active technology of Mazda keeps the petrol consumption of these new vehicles at a miser's pace, and I sure hope that statement is an accurate one.  The CX-9 has long been on my watchlist--it's got beautiful lines & fluid design, and the 3.7 liter engine gives you the driving power you need.  While I frowned at the P2.1 million sticker price for the 4x2 model, I was told that special early bird discounts would be available if I made my buying decision soon.  Hmmm..... I'm almost tempted! 


No comments: