Thursday, November 15, 2012

Expendables 2


*photo from imdb.com
I enjoyed watching Expendables 2, featuring the ensemble cast of several hit-makers--Sly Stallone, Jason Statham, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Bruce Willias and Arnold Shwarzenegger.  The plot isn't much, one watches these movies to get a break from it all and enjoy wham-bang no-brainer action scenes.  Truly, the overused movie phrases of these actors were punned to death!  Well, in spite of it all, the same lines were still funny for me, hahaha... take this from someone who diligently watched their movies over the past 35 years.  On a positive note, I think the gem in the rough is Nan Yu, a Beijing actress whose character becomes the first female in Stallone's team.  I like her nonchalant air amidst all the stars around her, both in-character, and, it seems, off-character as an actress.  She doesn't come across as a stunning beauty, but I find her very charming and, as an added feature, she can kick butt like the rest of the action stars!  Yup, my kind of lady!


No comments: