Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mexicali



I had to kill time yesterday along Ayala Avenue, and I found myself wandering around the RCBC Plaza at the corner of Buendia Avenue.  The Food Court area was full of people and I found myself sitting at the first available table at Mexicali.  This chain has been around for quite a while, and I distinctly remember that Monique went crazy over their burritos and cheese enchiladas when she was in grade school.  We went to Mexicali every other weekend, and that routine went on for around 3-4 months!  Fast Mexican food--burritos, chili con carne, enchiladas, fajitas, tacos--you name it, we had it!




I had a simple snack of burritos (regular size) which was less that P100.  Their El Gordo serving portion went for around P350 and when I saw the size of that burrito, I wondered if I could finish the burrito in one sitting--well, maybe I will try it one day, only after a hard workout!


  

Interiors a very colorful and filled with prints made by Mexican artists.  I like the rustic appeal of the chain, and food is tasty, serving portions are enough and reasonably priced.


No comments: