Sunday, December 4, 2011

Truffles Fantaisie

I'm not too happy with the sweet chocolates (e.g. Whitman's and See's) but I'm a true fan of semi-sweets and darks.  After a long meeting with an old client, Vicky received a gold tin foil package of super delicious melt-in-your-mouth chocolates labelled as Truffles Fantaisie, which we opened an enjoyed yesterday.  Coated with powdered chocolate, the truffle pyramids were perfectly sugared, and the bitterness of the chocolate was just enough to make my eyes roll up in delight!  The foil package carried no description of the chocolate, however, and I had to search the internet for information.  I understand it's made in France by Chocolatier Mathez and comes in various types of packaging (the picture above is only one of them).  I haven't found a web picture to match the gold tin foil version we got though, and my only complaint to this volume packaging is that the truffles became misshaped, due to handling and heat.  Chocolates are definitely better and more presentable when individually packed and furthermore, in the case of truffles--refrigerated.



No comments: