Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bruce Lee


I was watching the National Geographic channel last night and since they were running a documentary about the life of Bruce Lee, my eyes were glued to the screen till midnight!  You guessed it right, memories of kung fu action pics galore!  For the younger ones, he's the HK-American martial artist that made (almost) 5 movies in the early seventies--The Big Boss, The Fist of Fury, The Way of the Dragon, Enter the Dragon and The Game of Death (which was unfinished at the time of his untimely death in 1973).  I was a fan, no, make that an avid fan, as most of my other friends were too!  I remember patiently waiting in line to buy tickets at Universal Theater along Rizal Avenue to watch his movies--which were all SRO!  We simply couldn't believe the news of his death--he was Mr. Indestructible!  As I look back, his distinctive brand of action, plus his inimitable cocky facial artistry was the stuff all of us dreamed of!  He lives on in our hearts!


No comments: