Thursday, January 12, 2012

Piadina



Last week, I had much time to kill around the Salcedo Village area; luckily I spotted the Piadina at the ground floor of the Solaris One Tower, right at the back of Ayala Avenue.  Ordered a piadina (which is folded white bread) with italian sausages and gorgonzola cheese, it was good, but I would have wanted the serving size to have been a little larger...(as usual).  The place offers a variety of Italian food items on the menu--pizza, pastas, and piadinas, both solo and in combi-variants with salads, drinks and desserts.  I spent a tad under P200, but I can imagine that for a full course meal, one would have to fork out something like P500 per head.  I understand that the group operates a Piadina branch in Tokyo, and the owners also have an upscale Italian restaurant near that Piadina branch (I forget the name though).  Fast service, tasty food, reasonably priced.


No comments: