Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Karl's Koffee Korner



We had dinner around 8pm at Karl's Koffee Korner, which was located very near a flyover. As I got in, I was curious as the place was a coffee shop, and my friends had told me that the place served Filipino grill dishes.



Apparently, I missed the side entrance to the patio, where the grill dishes were being served.  As we got in, a guitarist was playing and apparently, the place was like a resto-bar.  We were welcomed by the proprietor, Albert Naidas, who immediately made us feel very welcome.


I could smell the aroma of delicious food!  When the lechon belly was served, absolute mayhem--it was gone in 60 seconds!  The skin was crunchy, and the meat was flavored just right with a variety of herbs and spices.  Very tender and juicy!



The grilled tuna and the adobo pork ribs were nicely done but what was new to me was the grilled bangus--this was stuffed with onions, tomatoes and salted duck eggs!  It was the first time I had tried the combination, and it was well worth the experience.




Our bill came to something like P650 per head, and that already included drinks (beer & other alcoholic drinks were flowing around left to right, all over the place).  We felt an intensity 4.5 earthquake around 10pm (epicenter in Samar was hit at an intensity of 7.9 on the Richter scale), and because of the drinks, we couldn't discern if it was really an earthquake or just a figment of our imagination.  By the time we finished, we were absolutely too lazy to move!




No comments: