Monday, June 13, 2011

Filifarma

As I was taking my vitamins this morning, I just recalled that time when I used to take Katabios as my daily vitamin.  It was an oblong-shaped tablet, with a hard but sweet silver coating (yes, the only silver tablet that I have ever seen!).  This was a product made by Farmitalia of Italy and distributed locally by Filifarma, operated by Kong, Uncle Tom & Tita Carmen.  I remember some of the brands that they used to carry--there was Garamycin, which was an antibiotic, and Diromo, which Gwammy swears to be the cure-all for stomach aches.  Much later on Filifarma went on to distribute products from Scherer of Australia, and this included Pankrotanon, which was a enzyme to aid in digestion.  I also remember that they were one of the first distribution companies to introduce Ginseng & Royal Jelly capsules into the local markets.  I remember the staff, Mr. Joe Santos who was the accountant, Francis Flores, the driver.

No comments: