Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Zesto Dalandan

Had the opportunity to drink Zesto Dalandan soda in Cebu, and I just got reminded how wonderfully refreshing the dalandan fruit is.  While I have tried the soda before, it tasted much better on the road, after a hot day of rush-rush travel.  I like it much better than calamansi, which is on the sour side, or orange, the delicious and flavorful varieties of which are a rarity.  The canned soda is pretty much true to the natural flavor of the fruit; I understand from my friends that Zesto actually uses dalandan fruit juice in the formula of the drink, and that they purchase orchard produce in bulk and in advance to support the production thereof.  The soda brings back memories of childhood summers when relatives would gather and we would enjoy the fruit drink to ease the inconveniences of the sweltering heat.  I'd choose it over the colas, any day, any time!



No comments: