Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Little Store on the Hill




Being already at Chicken Charlie, I hopped over across the street to the Little Store on the Hill which has been a regular stop-over since around 2005.  This little Oriental deli is filled with goodies from 

China, Taiwan and Thailand.  I ordered their famous Chinese style lumpia, a large stuffed vegetable roll for only P75.  This is what I get whenever I have guilt pangs from over-indulging!  It's just vegetable, yet it's very tasty with a sprinkle of garlic, coriander and hoti (dried Chinese seaweed).  Also got some maki-mi (noodles in thick pork soup), but this was no longer as tasty as I remembered it to be.  The store has a small dine-in section, and one popular marketing gimmick is that counter dishes are sold at a 20% discount after 7pm.  They also have a freezer section, and I noticed that they have beef tendon available for sale.  Now this is hard to come by, and just perfect for kare-kare and callos!  The deli also carries some exquisite and tasty Chinese sausages, which you can fry and eat by itself, or use in cooking for that extra flavorful dish!  This is a bit different from the Macau-style sausages which are thin, hard, dry and sweet.  The deli is open until 8pm, and most often I get there with just a little time to spare!

No comments: