Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bowler



My lunchtime meeting was at the Bowler restaurant located along Sedeno St. in Salcedo Village.  The place is named after the Bowler hat, and the interiors pretty much revolve around all things British.  I understand that the place is lively drinking spot during happy hour, and for lunch, they served executive menus, which come fast and are reasonably priced.


We had chicken tandoori, shepherd's pie and fish & chips.  I was disappointed at the chicken tandoori--it lacked that distinct flavor and bite that I was looking for.  The shepherd's pie was okay, although I felt that the meat serving portion was bit wanting.  The fish & chips?  Wasn't too bad nor great.




Our bill came to around P650 per head, which I found to be on the high side for the quality of the food.  I guess that the people who frequent the place go mainly for the drinks then!








No comments: