Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hungry Juan


San Miguel Pure Foods recently came up with a ready-to-eat business concept called Hungry Juan which serves roasted Magnolia chicken.  I was at the Dela Rosa access road at lunchtime, and I made a beeline for their branch--I had only P100 in my wallet and I knew that I could afford the meals there.  I wasn't mistaken--the quarter chicken cost me P69 only, and this included half a salted egg!


I understand that a whole chicken is priced at P189, and they have 2 different kinds of flavor--inasal and sweet garlic (pictured above).  The chicken is tasty, and quite juicy to the bite.  The interiors are clean and the counter staff were quite ready to serve (I had my meal in less than a minute).  I understand that some operators of the Chooks-To-Go (the competition from Bounty Fresh), try to wage a pricing discount war whenever a Hungry Juan outlet opens nearby--it seems that competition is alive and well!




1 comment:

anna banana said...

Too bad, the outlet in Eunilane closed already. Didn't get to try it - It didn't look too appealing.