Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CnT Lechon


My cousin Henry dropped by Manila with a whopping pasalubong for the folks.  One whole lechon (roasted pig) from CnT, the king of Cebu lechon, was delivered to our doorstep, nicely boxed for air travel!  I understand that unlike the Luzon style of cooking lechon (which greatly depends on sauce for taste), the lechon in Cebu is marinated overnight and stuffed with tanglad (lemon grass).  Once cooked, all you need to do it to eat it straight, with no sauce added.  As you can see, the only picture I have is of the box label, since the lechon was immediately consumed, either straight, re-fried, or chopped into paksiw by Gwammy and my siblings.  I was quite amazed at how the crispiness of the skin was maintained during travel, I understand from Henry that the lechon was picked-up at 6am, brought over via airplane, reaching my folks just before noon.  It's something to enjoy, and even if you have a cholesterol problem, be sure to take a small bite to experience the delight!




UPDATE (15 November 2012):  My trip to Cebu with some bankers would have been considered to be incomplete without the visit to the CnT Lechon shop near the SM Mall.  We got to the shop around 10:30 am, and found a long line of waiting customers--at P380 per kilo of delicious lechon, how could anyone go wrong?  My only complaint was that the chopping methods of the ladies below create bone splinters in the food, and that's a bit irritating to have--instead of enjoying the dish, you have to play hit and miss with your tongue!



No comments: