Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bugong


Bugong's Roasted Chicken is one of my favorite hole-in-the-wall eating places in Makati.  Located along the ground floor of the Valero carpark, this store opened a few years ago, and quickly gained my patronage for fast and tasty roasted chicken.  The quarter chicken with rice combo which I had for lunch today costs only P77, truly worth the price as the chicken is packed with lots of flavor--hot, tender, well-timed roast that keeps the juices inside. Most people queue for take-outs, but I always take a seat at those four aluminum chairs shown above.  Even without air-conditioning, I still enjoy the street-side ambiance and the delightful aroma of roasted chicken! 


The store also has fried chicken and other chicken styles like teriyaki, but these don't interest me as much as the roasted chicken.  If I remember correctly, the regular chicken size goes for P230 while the jumbo chicken goes for P290.  When I buy whole chicken, however, I don't have it chopped, as the juices run out; I prefer to chop the chicken on the table.  The whole chicken makes for nicer presentation too!


1 comment:

Keith said...

The rotisserie does add to the visual appeal. Your blog maes me hungry, but Manila is possibly around 9,000 km away for me. It may be a while before I get to eat there. I do enjoy your blog, though