Monday, November 5, 2012

Ala Creme


Since they were already in Angeles, Becca decided to buy a Rocky Road cake from A La Creme.  While the cake (shown below) was good, I admit that I was a bit disappointed because for me A La Creme's Sinful Chocolate Cake is the simply the best there is, and I was secretly hoping that the cake box contained Sinful Chocolate Cake.  Last time Vicky bought the SCC, it was just a tad under P1,000 but I can assure you that your money is absolutely well spent--it's so good that it has morphed into something sinful.  The SCC is ganache filled and almost like a giant truffle, oozing with chocolatey flavor, not too sweet nor too bitter.  Some people may even find the chocolatey-ness overpowering, but to my mind, the SCC is truly the gateway to paradise!


No comments: