Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hap Chan


My cousin Munchie scheduled a clan meeting over lunch at the Hap Chan Chinese restaurant along President's Avenue in BF Homes Sucat.  It's been ages since I last walked in a Hap Chan restaurant, and the last time I went to one, I was disappointed because the air conditioning was bad.  This time, however, we were there at 10am, and had the place all to ourselves.  Since there were 8 of us, we ordered a lot of food--roasted asado for starters, fish maw soup, crispy fried chicken, steamed fish in garlic, beef Ho Fan noodles, squid rings, Yang Chow fried rice, taho (sweet soy bean jelly) and mango sago (cassava pearls) for dessert.  Unfortunately, since we were busy discussion some business matters, I had no opportunity to take pictures of the sumptuous treats.  All in all, around P500 per head, which was quite amazing, since we were able to take home lots of excess food.  Food was hot and tasty, interiors were clean and spacious, but service though was a bit slow--I had to ask the waiters to clear used plates several times before they did so.


No comments: