Friday, May 4, 2012

Cafe Mediterranean



I remember when the first Cafe Mediterranean opened at the Greenbelt 1 area some years back.  I couldn't resist the gyros!  And the garlic yogurt dressing was absolutely perfect for my taste!  Right after the Avengers movie, we decided to have dinner at Cafe Med, and it was a tummy-filling experience:

Spinach & cheese in some sort of filo pastry... don't remember the name but it was good

Half of the pizza was 4 cheeses, while the other half was done NY style

Moussaka! 

Kebab plate, with pork, chicken and beef

Lamb stew, such a delightful treat, those soft and chewy morsels

I love the colorful floor pattern, such eye candy!

The chain has since expanded and now has branches in several other malls in Metro Manila. Food pricing is pretty reasonable, and we averaged around P500 per head.  I'm pretty glad that this chain has made Mediterranean cooking easily accessible and relatively inexpensive.  I remember walking past Greek and Persian restaurants in Melbourne sometime in 1991, wondering why I couldn't have the same dining experience in Manila.  Thanks, Cafe Med--I can satisfy the craving any time...


No comments: