Sunday, May 20, 2012

F. I. S. H.



Martin & Michaela celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary, and invited the clan to Fiesta International Seafood Hub (F. I. S. H.) at the corner of Visayas and Congressional Avenues in Quezon City.  The restaurant is a cozy place, serving tasty Filipno food at popular prices.  While the main dining room is air-conditioned, they also have an open air veranda and garden tables at the back side.


We were lucky to get in early, before the place started to fill up.  Our food came in right after we munched some salad greens, and we enjoyed the wide variety of favorites that was prepared:

Salad greens and pomelo, which I think was Thai-inspired
Salad greens, round 2--truly Pinoy style, with lechon kawali and salted eggs
Salmon sashimi for starters
Hot Beef Bulalo with a twist of yellow corn sweetness
Lechon Kawali was good, but I wished the skin were crispier
Crispy fried tilapia, with the traditional soy-sauce dip
This was a good find, something new for me--catfish sisig!
Pancit Habhab!  The shrimps provide lots of flavor
This stuffed squid was the night's top-notcher for me--succulent and full of flavor!
Steamed Maya Maya
Fried Chicken never fails to elicit smiles from the kids
For dessert, there was a wonderful variety to choose from, and the kids enjoyed the creamy goodness of home-style leche flan and other traditional panghimagas...  My guess is that the meal came to around P600 per head, and that was quite a feast!



I haven't been around the Visayas Avenue area for some time now, and I was quite amazed that the night life in the area was thriving--both sides of the road from the Quezon Memorial Rotunda was packed with eating places of all sorts.  Looks like this is another place that I'll be spending some more time to explore!





No comments: