Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Costa Brava Cakes



Mother's Day is easily one of the most popular of the minor holidays, and the kids showed their affection by giving the bouquets pictured above--Lola, Vicky and Becca were tickled pink!  We celebrated the lunch with tempura from the Macapagal Highway stalls (3 kilos gone in 60 minutes!).

Dessert was topped by the delectable cakes of Costa Brava, a bakeshop located along Polaris St., in Bel-Air, Makati (party size for P1,200 each).  As you can very well see--I arrived a bit late to take the photos:



I took a little piece of the white cake, which had a lemony zing to it (you can see my piece right under the letters "pp").  The chiffon cake had even texture, but the white icing was a bit too sweet for me (then again, one can say that of most white icings).  The caramel cake was fluffy, and with its smooth filling, this one suited my taste buds very well.  I understand that one of their cakes was included in the list of the top 20 residential bakeshop cakes by the Philippine Inquirer, and now I can say, rightfully so!


No comments: