Saturday, May 19, 2012

EDSA Shangrila


This 5-star hotel in the Ortigas area is most memorable as the place where we celebrated the 50th Wedding Anniversary of Kong Kong and Gwammy in 2010.  Time flies so fast, and when I visited the place yesterday for a business meeting, I just realized that two years have come and gone since that occasion, and it's been a little bit more than a year since I started this blog, which has been a wonderful de-stress activity, much to my delight and happiness.



As we sat at the lobby lounge, I started the afternoon merienda with refreshing ginger & herb tea, which cooled me down considerably!   My adobo sandwich came in soon enough, this was alright, but I must say, that this didn't really have the wow factor.  I liked the banana chips though, as an alternative to the usual potato chips that come with burgers.


Unlike its ornate sibling in Makati, the hotel interiors are simpler, and the ambiance has a laid back feel to it, probably because it was conceptualized as a mini-resort situated in the middle of the concrete jungle of Pasig's business district.  Amenities and services are top-notch, as expected from my esteemed friends and colleagues connected with the Shangrila chain.




No comments: