Friday, May 4, 2012

Oliver's



Queuing for the Avengers movie, we had lots of time to kill.  Vicky decided to have a quick lunch at Oliver's Super Sandwiches, which was conveniently located at the entrance to the movie houses.   Having had heavy brekky, the Callars boys shared a roast beef sandwich while Monique and Angela shared a ham sandwich.  Vicky chose the kani (crab flakes) sandwich which she shared with me.  I am truly a fan of deli sandwiches, and I like my sandwiches stuffed, and that means every bite glistens with gustatory overload!  Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mustard, onions, sour cream, cheese--whatever comes to mind, I'd like to find in my deli sandwich!  The selection at Oliver's covers the usual range, from beef, pork, chicken, tuna, turkey and other gourmet combinations that make for an interesting deli bar.


The chain started off in Hong Kong in the late eighties, and I understand that aside from Hong Kong, the only other stores are in the Philippines.  Sandwiches are around P200 each, pretty reasonable since you can pick it up in an instant, and don't have to stock up on deli items in the fridge (I enjoy layering midnight snack deli sandwiches by myself though).  What I found lacking was the availability of drink choices--they only carried fruit juices and at the time we had lunch, they only had mango in stock.






No comments: