Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nanos



I was in SM Manila over the weekend, and came across this new pizza place called Nanos at the basement level.  The interiors were warm and inviting--I liked the brick lined wall and the wicker tables.  I understand that this is the only store that the brand has, but according to the lady, they probably will expand their outlets since the sales are quite good.


Their pizzas are quite large, with prices ranging from P550 for the basic cheese pizza, to P1,200 for their deep dish specialty called the Italiana (they have both white and red versions).


I chose the Italiana based on their recommendation.  The white cheese was quite flavorful, but my only regret was that this variation had pineapples, which to my mind made the pizza classify as a Hawaiian pizza.  Don't get me wrong, I like pineapples, but as a dessert, just not in my pizza!


I was slightly in a hurry, and wasn't able to find out more about the brand--where it was first established, is it homegrown?  I'll probably visit the place again, ask the girls a few questions and try the other flavors.



No comments: