Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Big Better Burgers



Burger Hunt!  Saturday afternoon was a good time for myself, Monique and the Callars to take another round of burgers, and this time we chose Big Better Burgers which we found along Jupiter St. (near EDSA), in Makati.  I had seen their signboard somewhere (maybe late 2011) and one of my colleagues told me that the burgers were reasonably priced.  He was not mistaken--we found out that burgers ranged from P100 to P200, and we ordered a good sampling of their offering.


My burger was spicy--Hahalapeno!

Angela and Bryan each had a bacon-topped burger basted with Texas BBQ sauce

Monique had a 3-cheese burger

Kenny had a burger with mushroom toppings
The first thing that we noticed was that the bun was more like pan de sal rather that the usual hamburger bun.  That alone was a good twist, and as you can see, the bun was also scored as it was heated atop the grill.  The patty was flavorful and tender, and my jalapeno topping gave  a certain zing to my burger.  However, when I tried the bacon BBQ burger, I felt that the sweet-sour sauce took over and overwhelmed the meaty taste completely--I always like the beefy taste of the patty to come on strong, otherwise the "burger" in the burger would be lost.  The 3 cheese burger was a disappointment to Monique; she expected the cheese flavor to ooze out, and she thought that her burger was bland on that aspect.


Overall, it was a good snack for under P200 per person, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back for another round!



No comments: