Monday, October 8, 2012

German Club



Vicky had been talking about dining at the German Club since eight or ten years ago, and since I've never been to the place, I was pretty much excited when her friends worked out a dinner reservation there last week for a joint birthday celebration.  The restaurant is located at the Eurovilla II penthouse, along Herrera St. in Legaspi Village, right in the middle of the Makati CBD.  We arrived at 7:30 pm and I immediately felt at home.  We were served sour bread by the generous staff, and this one was truly sour--not just a hint of sour which is common at the commercial bakeries.



We started off with an Oktoberfest platter of German specialties--sausages, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, both stewed and fried pork knuckles!  Vicky had one of our all-time favorites--shrimp bisque, which did not disappoint.  It was very flavorful, not too creamy.




My tenderloin cut was drenched in peppercorn sauce, just enough zing for me.  The steak was correctly done (medium rare, per my request), and it was naturally tender.  Vicky had calf liver, which was inter-spaced with candied apple.  Our kumare had corned beef, which looked quite appetizing, and next time around, I'd probably get that.  The rest of the gang had other viands like salmon, sausages and meatloaf, and after we shared some of these, I was then too full for dessert!  All in all, we spent something like P800 per head, which was pretty reasonable.









No comments: