Wednesday, October 3, 2012

World Chicken


World Chicken is one fast food chain that I see all the time but never try--I have always walked past their outlet at the Greenbelt 1, and somehow, I haven't found time to taste the food.  The other day, I found myself killing time in Makati; I wondered about the store and walked in for a late lunch.   They have a variety of pasta, sidings and sauces to choose from, and the mainstay is a grilled chicken breast cutlet.  I chose putanesca sauce over my spaghetti, and some mashed potatoes (hmm...carbo-loading day).  The mushroom gravy for the chicken was creamy and tasty, but I found the putanesca on the bland side.  My mental image of harlot's sauce is fiery--full of goodness from tomatoes, capers & olives, hot and spicy, and this was definitely a mediocre version.  The chicken was not bad, but for an average spend of P200, the place is probably not the dining spot of choice for the office crowd.  The wall coverings showed maps of Australia, and I wondered if the franchise came from Oz; upon inquiry, however, the concept was totally local.  Nice and clean dining seats; they have an inner area for quite dining and a corridor portion where one can have a direct view of the passers-by.



No comments: