Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Florabel



Yesterday's business luncheon at Florabel went with nary a hitch; the good food and  cool ambience helped us relax our thoughts after several rounds of on-our-toes discussions.  Located at the ground floor of the Podium, this is one of the restaurants operated by Chef Florabel Co Yatco, formerly of the Le Souffle group.  I understand that she also operates the Felix at Greenbelt 5, SumoSam at both Rockwell and Shangri-la Plaza, Commons in Salcedo Village and used to operate Cafe Ten Titas at the Gateway Mall.  The menu is both continental and Filipino, and I was delighted to try their onion soup and roast beef for my meal.  As I found out, the cheese topping was gooey, and the meat was soft and flavorful.  My friend had prawns thermidor, and judging from the look on his face, I guess it was well prepared.



My dessert was quite satisfying--caramel ice cream topped with crushed walnuts, and we had enough time for light chit-chat after our satisfying meal.  The bill came to about P1,200 per head, which isn't bad for a business lunch, but slightly stiff for mere daily meals.


No comments: