Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fitflops


As we went malling in Greenbelt over the weekend, I happened to pass Restoerun, a store selling Fitflop, a British brand of footwear that specializes in footwear with a Microwobbleboard inside.  This technology uses 3 midsoles of different densities that create a squish-squash sensation on the foot, supposedly allowing one to have a mini "gym workout" session while walking.  I had no intention of buying a pair, but upon the insistence of the saleslady, I tried a pair of leather shoes to feel the sensation.  I must admit that it felt slightly different from regular shoes in a couple of ways--first, the midsoles are about one and a half inches thick, which threw me a tinge off-balance and made me feel a bit awkward, and second, the heel of the shoe is curved, such that there is a bobbing action and thus a semi-grinding sensation on the stride.  After some thought, I bought the shoes to see if it works, and I've tried it on for a couple of days now.  I must say that it takes some getting used to--I feel that it takes a bit more effort to walk in these shoes, and perhaps that is the "workout" that is advertised?  The shoes are not cheap--I got mine for P7,500.  Here's hoping that there really is some long-term benefit in using this technology!