Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pringles

While munching over our buko pandan salad, the kids brought out an old Pringles can of mine that I used to store some badminton shuttlecocks.  This brought back a lot of memories!  In the late seventies when Pringles first appeared, we were mesmerized at the constant shape of the Pringles potato chip, not knowing that these were were machine pressed and baked.  Since this product is omnipresent nowadays (with a hundred different kinds of flavors and spices), the kids don't even think twice about it and assume it as given.  Annika had some new flavors (in containers that are now taller and thinner) in her backpack, so we took the shot pictured at left to highlight the comparison of the old and new.  If I'm not mistaken, my red canister was bought circa early 80s, and I think I got that from Nepo Mart in Dau, Pampanga (PX shopping!).

No comments: