Saturday, February 11, 2012

Nathaniel's

Here's something that Michaela brought over for a family dinner get-together--Nathaniel's buko pandan salad which came with a mixture of dairy and coconut cream.  I'm a bit picky about my salads, and I was happy to find out that it was sweetened just right for my taste.  I was also thankful that I did not detect any trace of condensed milk, as that really makes the sweetness level flip over the boarder line.  On the one hand, buko (young coconut) shreds were just the right for salad, not membrane-like (malauhog) nor too old (niyog).  While on the other hand, the pandan gelatin cubes did have a whiff of pandan flavor--I would have enjoyed a stronger pandan taste though.  I don't know if this comes frozen or simply chilled; I would guess that the product life expectancy is limited, so you probably have to serve it right after purchase.


1 comment:

anna banana said...

haha, you sound like you are describing the buko pandan salad that mikaela made and brought - i brought the nathaniel's to the same party and it was frozen -