Saturday, February 11, 2012

Merci


I just got in from a business trip to Iloilo, and I was lucky to find some pasalubong treats at the new city airport in Santa Barbara.  Merci, which is a Bacolod-based bakery, has reasonably priced bakery items, and I found myself buying some piaya, which is a crusty cookie with sweet fillings.  Traditionally the filling is molasses, but nowadays, they have ube and mango versions as well.  Also bought their butterscotch bars, and this turned out to be gooey and tasty, but a bit too sweet for my taste.  I was lucky that there was an ongoing promotion--if you show them your boarding pass, they give you a 10% discount!


1 comment:

anna banana said...

dint get to try to piaya but the butterscotch was yummy! i brought home the leftovers for the kiddies :)