Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mamma Mia



I grew up with the music of ABBA.  How can I ever forget "Dancing Queen" as the music pulsated all over my body at the Where Else? discotheque of the Intercontinental Hotel?  As it happens, the much-awaited hit musical "Mamma Mia" came to Manila for a month-long engagement, and I just had to take Vicky, Monique and her cousin Angela to see the play.  We went to the afternoon matinee at the Cultural Center of the Philippines last weekend and the place was jam-packed.  It seems that Vicky and Angela have begun to appreciate the music of my era, we were all clapping and swaying at the standing ovation!



It was a very charming day for all of us; we were there quite early, with enough time to lounge around.  As the kids and I viewed the dancing fountain at the CCP grounds, we were fortunate enough to catch a picture of a rainbow that formed as the fountain sprinkled its mist.  Nice experience, both the musical and that moment of colorful serendipity!


No comments: