Friday, July 20, 2012

Karate Kid



The Karate Kid movie series with Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio was an inspiring trilogy about the coming of age of a young karate student (in recent years, the remake has Jacky Chan and Jaden Smith).  I guess the Karate Kid restaurant was conceived to be a direct tribute to the movies.  Monique and I chanced upon the outlet at the Robinson's Ermita and we had an afternoon snack of noodles, gyoza, crunchy maki and burger-topped-spaghetti:






We spent something like P500 for the both of us, and it was good that we were able to sit down despite the long queue at the counter.  Pricing is pretty affordable, so it was understandable why the place was full with students around the Ermita area.  I would say that the gyoza, the maki and the ramen soup were acceptable in taste, although I felt that the gyoza was a bit under-filled.  There was definitely no excitement about the burger-topped-spaghetti, and I felt like berating myself for ordering Italian in a Japanese fast food outlet.  Also, serving portions are calibrated for snacks.






No comments: