Friday, July 27, 2012

Lenovo P700



I was looking for a mid-priced Android phone and all I've seen the past few weeks were the cheaper China versions running Fro-Yo or Gingerbread.  While I use a Blackberry for everyday talk, text and email, I was thinking of an Android phone mainly for games and browsing.  Getting a dual SIM phone seemed like a value-for-money proposition, but I wasn't too excited about the P17,000 price tag of the HTC Desire V.  Luckily I bumped into the Lenovo P700, which at P11,000 seemed like a good proposition.  The phone has got a 4" inch capacitive touchscreen which allowed me to type easily (3.2" screens simply have a cramped display); moreover, the screen resolution is pretty sharp.  It's got dual SIM capability and this allows calling flexibility in weak signal areas--the slight drawback is that SIM slot 2 runs only on 2G.  O/S is Ice Cream Sandwich, which isn't bad at all, no hang-ups of the earlier Fro-Yo.  Camera has 5MP, and takes reasonably clear pictures (no flash, however).  Processor is decent at 1ghz, not really fast but pretty responsive for day to day use.  Battery has 2500 mAh, which takes me around 2 days before I need to recharge; charging time, however, takes much longer at around 3 hours.  The phone seems quite sturdily built, although I can't say much about shock resistance (no way I'm going to drop the phone just to get you feedback on that issue).  The package comes with a external battery pack from Belkin, and a free Smart Bro SIM.  My only complaint with Lenovo is that the phone is only available in a few retail outlets--most stores don't even carry the brand.  Considering that Lenovo has the IBM heritage, I think the phone is slightly under-marketed.  This seemed like a good step upwards from the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, which Monique has (running Gingerbread off 800 mhz, at a cheaper SRP though of P8,000), and it wasn't going to cost me the arm-and-leg price of the Samsung Galazy S-III (around P34,000).     I am hoping that this phone will be my play-buddy for a long time to come!



1 comment:

anna banana said...

U bought it already? And a samsung y duos too? Mesee mesee!