Monday, July 9, 2012

Top of the Citi



The Top of the Citi at the 34th floor of the Citibank Tower along Paseo de Roxas, has been one of my long-time favorites for power lunches in the Salcedo Village area.  Operated by Chef Jessie, the restaurant has a main restaurant area on the one side, and several function rooms on the other.  Food is mainly continental (French staples, like the foie gras and onion soup, are always nicely done), but a wide range of other fine cuisines are available--Japanese sushi and sashimi, Italian pasta, Filipino favorites, steaks & burgers.


Our meeting started a bit late, so I was in a rush to finish up, so busy that I completely forgot to take food pictures.  I had a wonderful shrimp bisque, which was thick and flavorful, and then for my main dish I had a gyudon bowl.  As a refreshing finale, I chose a scoop each of their own in-house sorbet--green apple and lychee, which was absolutely refreshing!


The place has executive lunches, going at P600-P800 per head.  An average spend for a la carte lunch would probably go from around P600 to P1,000 depending on the number of courses.  Of course, if you take the angus steaks, prepare a budget of P2,000 per head.  Sad to say, the restaurant is open only on weekdays--which precludes the usual Sunday family brunch for me.


No comments: